Sensitive topics throughout this site.
If you are at immediate risk of self harm, please take a deeeeep breath, know you are not alone, and call or text for help.
Suicide crisis line: text HOME to 741-741 or call 1-800-273-8255
DRAFT - DRAFT - DRAFT
Guided meditation has been a life changer for me. The Shine App - which offers a free version -- is where I started. Finding a voice that calmed me was important. The voice I most resonated with was Jamila Reddy.
- - - - -
FACTS (and Corrected Misconceptions)
- There is no one way to meditate.
- Meditation can involve movement - dancing, yoga, walking, hiking.
- Meditation can involve writing, drawing, coloring.
- Being able to meditate takes practice, patience, and an open mind.
- Meditation is NOT sitting with a clear mind; Rather it is slowing down long enough to acknowledge each thought and letting it pass you by.
- Deep breathing, which is proven to have health benefits, is imperative to meditation.
- - - - -